Under general supervision, this position is responsible for a variety of medical office /clerical tasks check-out patients, completing return visit request, point of service collections, credit balances, resolves claims processing; contact patients and responsible parties to resolve past-due patient accounts; investigates account status and initiates collection procedures.
- Check-out patients
- Receive Point of Service payments.
- Responsible for accurate and timely charge capture for clinic based services.
- Encounter completion and resolved eligibility edits/errors
- Handle patient billing and patient balance inquiries
- Timely and appropriate resolution of all assigned accounts for third party payors and /or patients with the purpose of managing account receivables balances.
- Identify and communicate AR trends, denial issues or irregularity impacting resolution of AR or daily production workflow to supervisor and other team members and recommend resolution.
- Responsible for accurate and timely charge capture for clinic and hospital based services.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of third party billing and reimbursement, clinic’s financial policies and industry knowledge.
- Prepares and submits daily productive reports as required.
- Completes annual compliance and regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the clinic
Education: High school Diploma or equivalent
Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of medical billing and account follow up experience preferred
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Exercise Science, or Healthcare Management will be accepted in lieu of experience.
- Must be familiar with CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 codes and CMS regulations
- Familiarity with CMS1500 claim form completion,
- Knowledge of Medicare, Managed care and commercial insurances products and plans
- Able to work effectively in fast-paced environment
- Able to work with a team
- Able to meet priorities within a set time frame
- Able to multi-task
- Able to maintain high integrity
- Ability to work in a goal orientated environment
- Ability to meet production and quality standards
Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, ability to type 50 wpm, operation of a telephone fax, copier, computer, printer and such other office equipment as may be required. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be within the normal range for telephone contact. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long period and to work in an environment requiring multi-tasking and attention to detail that may be very stressful.