Under the direction of the Office Manager, the Administrative Office Coordinator is responsible for the daily administrative tasks of the front desk, medical records, and scheduling at the Surgery Center. Organization, attention to detail, prioritizing, problem-solving and multitasking are necessary to ensure a high level of customer service. Customers include patients, physicians, vendors and Surgery Center and Peachtree Orthopedics staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor while he/she greets and checks in patients, visitors and vendors.
- Portrays the same demeanor while answering and routing phone calls.
- Verifies patient's procedure and demographic / insurance information. Makes appropriate changes in AdvantX and on patient profile.
- Collects payment from patients; manages a daily collection log co-pay, cash, checks, and credit card totals. Prepares deposit and arranges for courier pick-up.
- Prepares daily charts.
- Assesses patient needs (wheelchairs/ambulation requirements) and assists with vendor drop-off and pickup of equipment.
- Ensures that all medical records are accurately organized and performs chart audit for completion.
- Retrieves and places operative reports in patient's chart.
- Processes medical record requests received from attorneys, patients, insurance companies, physicians, clinics, and hospitals
- Files and pulls charts as necessary.
- Requests off site medical records from storage company.
- Alerts clinical staff as needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of the patient waiting rooms.
- Alerts Surgery Center staff of equipment and supply deliveries.
- Maintains area of Special Assignment.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
At least two years administrative experience in a high-volume healthcare office to include basic knowledge of insurance plans, coverage and procedures. Strong interpersonal skills required.