Assists the Controller in operating all accounting functions including the accounting, financial reporting, and cash management. Responsible for full cycle accounting for three small entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management and accounting.
- Ensure that all accounting functions are performed in an accurate, complete and timely manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and Peachtree Orthopedics' policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems by reviewing work flows and driving continuous process improvements.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for all company transactions and safeguard company assets. Maintain a strong and effective system of internal financial controls for the organization
- Assists with daily transactions for three small entities, to include processing payables/checks, bank transactions and preparing financial statements.
- Prepares month-end journal entries and assists with balance sheet account analysis.
- Balances the AR system and reconciles the related bank activity.
- Enters all bank transactions related to loans, medical claims, flexible spending and payroll.
- Maintains a system for tracking non-patient related physician revenue.
- Assists with the calculations of PA bonuses and physician salaries.
- Creates and/or maintains various spreadsheets for data tracking.
- Provides support to the Controller for the month end closing process as needed.
- Assists with data requests/reporting as needed.
- Maintains voice mail and returns both inside and outside calls in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
Five plus years of extensive accounting experience. Strong accounts payable, general ledger, reconciliation and account analysis required. Required knowledge of Accounting principles and spreadsheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of GP Dynamics, MS Excel, Word, QuickBooks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPA path desired.